Committee of Ministers publishes decisions on the execution of judgments
of the European Court of Human Rights
Strasbourg, 09.06.2009 – The Committee of Ministers of the Council of
Europe concluded on 5 June 2009 its second special human rights meeting
devoted to the supervision of the execution of the judgments of the
European Court of Human Rights.
< 3DCM/Del/Dec(2009)1059&Language=3DlanEnglish&a mp;Ver=3Dimmediat&Site=3DCOE&BackColorInte rnet=3D9999CC&BackColorIntranet=3DFFBB55&B ackColorLogged=3DFFAC75> adopted in the following
cases have just been published:
* Cases Beshiri and others, Driza and Ramadhi and others v. Albania
* Harutyunyan v. Armenia
* Cases UMO Ilinden – Pirin & others and UMO Ilinden and others v.
* D.H. and Others v. the Czech Republic
* Kangasluoma group of cases v. Finland
* Cases "Iza" Ltd and Makrakhidze and " Amat-G " Ltd and Mebaghishvili
* Cases Papastavrou and others and Katsoulis v. Greece
* Hutten-Czapska v. Poland
* Podbielski group of cases v. Poland
* Trzaska group of cases v. Poland
* Oliveira Modesto group of cases v. Portugal
* Martins Castro and Alves Correia de Castro v. Portugal
* Cases Moldovan and others (No. 1), Moldovan and others (No. 2),
Kalanyos and Gergely v. Romania
* Strain group of cases v. Romania
* Khashiyev group of cases v. Russian Federation
* Timofeyev group of cases v. Russian Federation
* Cyprus v. Turkey
* Loizidou v. Turkey
* Xenides-Arestis v. Turkey
* Cases Kakoulli, Isaak and Solomou v. Turkey
* Hülki Günes, Göçmen and Söylemez v. Turkey
* Ülke v. Turkey
* Zhovner group of cases v. Ukraine
* A. v. United Kingdom
* Hirst (No.2) v. United Kingdom.
Decisions in the other cases will be published on 19 June 2009.
More information on the execution process and the state of execution in
cases pending for execution supervision can be found on the website of
the Committee of Ministers <;
and the special website of the Department for the execution of the
execution of the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
as well as in the Committee of Ministers’ Annual Reports
< toring/execution/documents/publications_EN.asp> on its execution supervision.
Directorate of Communication
Tel. +33 3 88 41 25 60
Fax +33 3 88 41 39 11
e-mail: [email protected]
To receive our press releases by e-mail, contact:
A political organisation set up in 1949, the Council of Europe works to
promote democracy and human rights continent-wide.
It also develops common responses to social, cultural and legal
challenges in its 47 member states.
From: Emil Lazarian | Ararat NewsPress