ARMENIAN CHURCH OF NORTH AMERICA WESTERN DIOCESE
3325 North Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
Tel: (818) 558-7474
Fax: (818) 558-6333
E-mail; [email protected]
Mr. And Mrs. Walter And Laurel Karabian
Donate Valuable Artifacts
To The Western Diocese
We are pleased to announce to the faithful of the Western
Diocese that Mr. and Mrs. Walter and Laurel Karabian have donated the
following precious manuscripts and miniature artifacts to the newly
established Diocesan Museum.
– Four Miniatures from a Gospel Book on Paper (Possibly Crimea,
The Presentation in the Temple with Simeon holding the Christ Child with
Mary and Joseph; the Raising of Lazarus; the Transfiguration; St. Luke
in his study writing the Gospel
– Four Full-Page Miniatures from an Armenian Gospel Book on
Paper, By the Artist Toros Sarkaway, ^Ã“The Deacon^Ã” (Tabriz, 1311)
Two leaves, each with full page miniatures, includes self portrait and
signature of Artist.
– Four Gospels, in Armenian, Written by the Scribe Georg
Decorated manuscript on paper, 271 leaves
– Psalter, in Armenian, Manuscript on Vellum (Armenia, ca. 1453)
Contains fragments of the Gospel of St. john, from the 17th or 18th
– Four Gospels, in Armenian, Written by the scribe Boghos
– Four Gospels, in Armenian, Written by the scribe Mkrtich
(Armenia, 17th Century)
– Four Gospels, in Armenian, Manuscript on Paper (Caesarea, ca.
– Encyclical from the Catholicos Epremlst Jorageyc I to Sir
Robert Porter (Constantinople, April 15, 1820)
Letter with decorative border in silver and gold ink, with the personal
seal of the Catholicos in the middle.
We would like to extend our heartfelt appreciation and
gratitude to Mr. and Mrs. Karabian for their generous donation of the
precious items to the newly established Diocesan Museum.
Adrienne Krikorian, Esq. represents
Western Diocese at
Eastern Diocesan Assembly
Diocesan Council member Adrienne Krikorian, Esq. recently represented
the Western Diocese at the 102nd Assembly of the Delegates of the
Eastern Diocese, sponsored by St. Gregory the Illuminator Armenian
Church in White Plains, New York. Ms. Krikorian was warmly received as
a guest of the Eastern Diocese by His Eminence Khajag Barsamian and the
delegates of the Assembly.
On Friday, April 30, 2004 Ms. Krikorian participated in educational
roundtable discussions with the clergy and delegates on the theme topic
of Stewardship. The discussions proved informative and useful as the
Western Diocese has recently reorganized its Stewardship program and is
preparing to embark on a campaign of Stewardship in the coming year.
On Friday evening Ms. Krikorian attended a delicious buffet mezza/dinner
and a delightfully entertaining program sponsored by St. Gregory the
Illuminator Church in White Plains. Performances by talented Armenians
entertained guests well into the evening, and were followed by a dessert
buffet prepared by the parishioners.
Ms. Krikorian delivered greetings to the Assembly on Saturday May 1 from
His Eminence Hovnan Derderian. She spoke to the delegates about the
Western Diocese’s year of growth and reorganization following the
election of His Eminence. She congratulated the 102nd Assembly on the
purchase of its new Ararat Youth and Retreat Center, and encouraged the
delegates to support the budding leadership of Armenian youth, who she
stated are the future of the Church.
Ms. Krikorian attended sessions of meetings of the Assembly and the
Women’s Guild. The common goals and missions of the two Dioceses gave
Ms. Krikorian an opportunity to share ideas with leaders of the Eastern
Diocese, and to bring back similar input for the Western Diocese
A gala banquet ended the Assembly on Saturday evening, including
entertainment by the Shushi Dancers of St. Vartan Cathedral, and the
presentation of awards to Rabbi Arthur Scheier and Armenian author
Ms. Krikorian attended Badarak on Sunday at St. Gregory the Enlightener
before returning to Los Angeles. On behalf of the Western Diocese Ms.
Krikorian extended her thanks and gratitude to his Eminence, the
delegates of the 102nd Assembly of the Eastern Diocese, and the
parishioners of St. Gregory the Illuminator for their warm reception.
DIVAN OF THE DIOCESE
May 22, 2004