The first Semi-Final of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest takes place tonight, 10th of May, live from the Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden, from 21:00 to 23:05 CET. Listen to the show on .
Tonight 18 countries will compete for 10 places in the Grand Final. The broadcast will be hosted by Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw who are eager to welcome the millions of viewers to Stockholm for tonight’s show.
The first Semi-Final contenders
- Finland: Sing It Away sung by Sandhja
- Greece: Utopian Land sung by Argo
- Moldova: Falling Stars sung by Lidia Isac
- Hungary: Pioneer sung by Freddie
- Croatia: Lighthouse sung by Nina Kraljić
- Netherlands: Slow Down sung by Douwe Bob
- Armenia: LoveWave sung by Iveta Mukuchyan
- San Marino: I Didn’t Know sung by Serhat
- Russia: You Are The Only One sung by Sergey Lazarev
- Czech Republic: I Stand sung by Gabriela Gunčíková
- Cyprus: Alter Ego sung by Minus One
- Austria: Loin d’ici sung by ZOË
- Estonia: Play sung by Jüri Pootsmann
- Azerbaijan: Miracle sung by Samra
- Montenegro: The Real Thing sung by Highway
- Iceland: Hear Them Calling sung by Greta Salóme
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Ljubav Je sung by Dalal, Deen, Ana & Jala
- Malta: Walk on Water sung by Ira Losco
Eighteen songs will participate in the first Semi-Final, and professional juries in each of the participating countries, as well as in Sweden, France and Spain, voted on yesterday’s dress rehearsal. They accounted for 50% of the overall total.
Tonight the remaining 50% of the votes will be decided by the public televote in the same 21 countries. These votes will be added to those of the juries to determine the ten countries that will qualify for the Grand Final on Saturday the 14th of May.