PM SAYS DOUBTS ABOUT OCTOBER 27 ATTACK NOT FULLY DIFFUSED
Nov 11 2004
YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 11, ARMENPRESS: Armenian prime minister Andranik
Margarian admitted on November 10 that despite the chief prosecutor’s
council’s decision to drop the so-called “separated case” that
was supposed to find out whether the 1999 October 27 attack on
the parliament had been designed by other people except the five
terrorists, there still remain some doubts.
The chief prosecutor’s council made the decision two days ago
saying that all investigative measures had failed to track down
other masterminds of the assault.. Margarian called on all people
who claimed that they have information that may shed new light to
the attack, to present it to prosecutors.
Margarian, who was among parliament hostages, said when he was giving
testimony he mentioned that his impression was that the attackers
were waiting for someone else, for an assistance beyond the parliament
walls. He said he still has the same impression.
“I hope that some evidence will be brought about to diffuse these
doubts, if not now, maybe in future,” he said.