The Literary Armenian News
There Must Be A Way
In this burning world of change and clamor there must be a way
False truth and lies a'glamour, there must be a way
When Google, Apple, Meta and Chat Bots slide you fluff glimmering as truth and not solid granite somber unduality
In that world of deep fakes, cheap dates, meek heroes, flights of crippled avatars
How will the young know deeply an art, a science, a craft, a discipline, years and tears, dedication, endless resolve, maturing skill?
And when all is Marvel universe of tiny nothingness swishing and booming through vacuum with cathartic music and tight bodies in latex, where will obese populations climb, amble, scleroses cooking in their veins?
Where will nature end, flounder, falter bouncing twix extremes, be as unparadisiac, as the past has known paradise, mild mannered streams kissing shaded trees?
Oil fields fellating fighter jets
Rolling tanks and fish farms in a bunker swim
Incubated babies, collective parenting by bots
State supervised labor camps advertised as worker’s dreams
Skin color aware, faith banter justified, hard drugs administered by priests.
Come to the future, all advertising, all toxic debris where algorithmic entertainment is life and life but a nuisance best left to the state to manage by decree.
No war, no brain, no breath, no sea. Simulated sunlight on Wednesdays and Fridays only.
The homepage for The Literary Armenian News is at: groong.org/tlg/
- Submissions to TLG must be sent to [email protected] and [email protected].
- With your submission include a short bio about the author;
- Submissions may not be anonymous, but at the author's request we may use their pen-name and/or withhold their Email address for purposes of privacy;
- Submissions which have not yet been selected will continue to receive consideration for following issues;
- In art, selection is necessarily a judgement call. As such, we will not argue why a particular submission was or was not selected;
- There is no guarantee or promise that a submission will be published.
- The Week in Review Podcasts
- The Critical Corner
- The Literary Armenian News
- Review & Outlook
- Probing the Photographic Record
- Armenia House Museums
- ..and much more