Armenia has confirmed 322 new coronavirus infections, bringing the total number of cases to 5,928 in the country as of 11 a.m. Friday, May 22, the Ministry of Health reports.
293 more patients have recovered from the disease with the total number of recoveries now standing at 2,874.
The number of COVID-19 fatalities has increased by 4 to 74.
The latest victims were 52 (male), 81 (male), 61 (male), 82 (male) years old and had underlying chronic health conditions, the ministry said.
In addition, one case of death was recorded on Thursday when the patient had tested positive for COVID-19, but the cause of death was another disease. The total of such cases is 28.
The number of active cases is 2,952.
As many as 47,654 tests have been performed in the country since the disease outbreak.
The ministry once again urges you to:
• Stay at home
• Limit physical contact
• Take care of personal hygiene
• Wash hands for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating and after coming home
• Avoid public areas and transportation as much as possible
• Maintain at least 1-meter distance when speaking to someone
• Inform a doctor when experiencing flu-like symptoms instead of resorting to self-treatment
• Upon returning from a country where the coronavirus has a large spread, practice self-isolation for 14 days while being in touch with your polyclinic doctor
• Regularly check your temperature while informing your doctor of the results
• Don’t panic and follow your doctor’s advice