Athena Manukyan has won Depi Evratesil, the Armenian national final to select their entrant for Eurovision 2020. Athena won the final with the pop-RnB song ‘Chains on You’
Twelve songs competed in Yerevan, the Armenian capital for the honour of representing Armenia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Rotterdam.
Athena Manoukian is a Greek singer/songwriter of Armenian descent. She previously attempted to represent Greece at Junior Eurovision Song Contest back in 2008 but placed seventh in the national selection that year. Athena has written a Platinum-selling song for ESC 2005 winner, Helena Paparizou entitled “Palia Mou Agapi”. Athena has previously been on X Factor UK back in 2018.
The two big favourites prior to the show were Athena Manukyan and Tokionine who closed the first and second half of the entries respectively.
Results of Depi Evratesil 2020:
- Athena Manukyan – Chains On You (168 points)
- Erna Tamazyan – Life Faces (120 points)
- Vladimir Arzumanyan – What’s Going On Mama? (118 points)
- Miriam Baghdsaryan – Run Away (108 points)
- Gabriel Jegg –It’s Your Turn (99 points)
- Tokionine – Save Me (96 points)
- Sergey and Nikolay Harutyunov – Ha, Take a Step (96 points)
- Eva Rida – No Love (84 points)
- Karina EVN – Why? (84 points)
- Agop – Butterflies (75 points)
- Arthur Aleq – Heaven (65 points)
- Hayk Music – What It Is To Be In Love (57 points)
Armenia’s representative for JESC 2019, Karina Ignatyan performed during the interval. Her entry “Colors Of Your Dream” placed ninth in the contest. Iveta Mukuchyan also performed a medley of her hits including LoveWave which she sang for Armenia in Eurovision 2016 placing seventh.