Minister advises Armenian jewelers to hire Indian diamond-cutters to

Minister advises Armenian jewelers to hire Indian diamond-cutters to
enhance labor efficiency

by Arthur Yernjakyan
Saturday, November 22, 09:39

At the Nov 21 discussion on the jewelry and lapidary issues, Armenian
Economy Minister Karen Chshmarityan advised the Armenian jewelers to
hire Indian diamond-cutters to enhance labor efficiency.

The minister made this proposal in response to the jewelers’ numerous
complaints about the current legislation and the requests to set
sectoral preferences. The jewelers also complain of the
uncompetitiveness in the foreign market as compared with the Indian
lapidary companies, whose products cost cheaper.

The jewelers unanimously pointed out that the current tax and customs
regimes in Armenia do not contribute to development of the lapidary
sector. In particular, they asked the minister to cancel the VAT on
sales, because 85% in the prime cost is the raw material. Therefore,
the tax base should be reduced. The jewelers also complained of the
customs broker institute introduced a few years ago and asked the
minister to cancel it, because they have to pay extra 18 thsd AMD for
each invoice. They also complained of the lack of the highly skilled
diamond-cutters.

As the owner of the “Murad Mirzoyan Diamond” company Murad Mirzoyan
said, diamond-cutters get so little for their work, that it is more
beneficial for them to drive a taxi. Therefore, there is shortage of
specialists at his company and other companies as well.

The minister said that the work is also good, and specialists should
be paid for their work as much as it allows them not to leave. As for
the VAT, he said that similar situation exists in many other branches
of economy where raw materials cost much. Many companies have been
using the imported raw materials, which is 70-80% in the prime cost of
a good, for instance, pharmacy, chemistry and other branches. However,
this is not the reason to reduce the VAT for them. The minister also
added that starting 1 January 2015, many customs regimes will change,
as Armenia will join the EEU. He drew attention at certification of
jewelry which may become a serious problem for development of the
branch and sale of the Armenian production at the external markets.

http://www.arminfo.am/index.cfm?objectid=5D94D410-7212-11E4-8C0F0EB7C0D21663

The sense of the Perinçek v Switzerland case

Hurriyet Daily News, Turkey
Nov 22 2014

The sense of the Perinçek v Switzerland case

by MAXIME GAUIN

The hearing for the Perinçek v. Switzerland case, in front of the
Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), will take
place in January 2015, and so will coincide with the centennial of the
1915 events. After the decision of the French Constitutional Council
in February 2012, finding the Boyer bill in contradiction with the
Declaration of Human Rights (1789), the ruling of the ECHR was a major
blow for Armenian nationalism. The Court found a violation of DoÄ?u
Perinçek’s freedom of speech, and rejected the accusation of `racism.’
The ECHR `shares the opinion of the Turkish government, who claims
Holocaust denial is the main driving force of anti-Semitism today. In
fact, it judges that this is still a current phenomenon, which the
international community must be firm and vigilant against. One cannot
affirm that the dismissal of the description of `genocide’ for the
tragic events that occurred in 1915 and the following years might have
the same repercussions.’ The Court added, even more remarkably, that
`the present case is clearly distinct from cases bearing on the denial
of Holocaust crimes,’ because the Holocaust deniers `had not only
contested the simple legal description of a crime, but also denied
historic facts,’ and because these facts `had been judged to be
clearly established by an international jurisdiction,’ with `a clear
legal basis, i.e. Article 6, paragraph C), of the Statutes of the
International Military Tribunal in Nuremberg.’

This distinction is crucial and, indeed, well substantiated. For the
Armenian case, the only attempt of an international tribunal, by the
British government in Malta, totally failed. More than two years of
investigation (1919-1921) were not sufficient to find any evidence
against any of the 144 Ottoman ex-leaders interned in Malta; the
seized Ottoman documents explicitly warned against measures
susceptible to lead to massacres and ordered the protection of the
relocated Armenians. If any evidence of `genocide’ had existed, it
would have been found by the British. These Ottoman documents seized
by the British army and published more than 35 years ago by Salâhi
Sonyel include:

`Armenian Deportations: A Reappraisal in the Light of New Documents,’
Belleten, January 1972 and `The Displacement of Armenians: Documents,
Ankara, 1978.’ Nobody has ever been able to find a satisfactory
explanation to conciliate the `genocide’ charge with these orders.

`Furthermore, the Court considers, with the applicant, that `genocide’
is a well-defined legal concept ¦ It is thus a very strict legal
concept, which is, moreover, difficult to prove. The Court is not
convinced that the `general consensus’ to which the Swiss courts have
referred, to justify the conviction of the applicant, can bear on
these very specific points of law.’ In other terms, the ECHR noticed
an obvious but fundamental fact: There is no consensus on the
`Armenian genocide’ charge. Indeed, since its emergence in the public
debate, in 1965, these accusations have been challenged, with
documentation, by respectable historians such as Edward J. Erickson,
Bernard Lewis, Guenter Lewy, Stanford Jay Shaw and Gilles Veinstein.

The ECHR’s ruling is an unprecedented demolition of the core of the
Armenian nationalist claims. Not surprisingly, there was huge pressure
on the Swiss government, who violated its tradition of neutrality and
accepted filing a poorly substantiated application to the Grand
Chamber. Currently, there are unbelievable pressures on the Grand
Chamber itself, both from Armenia and from the diaspora.

However, the re-examination of this case offers a new opportunity to
see what Armenian activism is. Among the third parties, there are the
Switzerland-Armenia Association (ASA) and the Coordination Council of
France’s Armenian Associations (CCAF). The ASA was established in 1992
by James Karnusian, who had also established, two decades before, the
Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia (ASALA), a
terrorist, racist and anti-Semitic organization. Correspondingly, the
co-chairmen of the CCAF are Jean-Marc `Ara’ Toranian, a former
spokesman of the ASALA, and Mourad Papazian, author of vitriolic
articles supporting Armenian terrorism during the 1980s.

The Grand Chamber now has the choice between freedom of speech and
those who defend a totalitarian conception of justice in the name of
`democracy.’

Maxime Gauin is a researcher at the Center for Eurasian Studies (AVIM)
and a PhD candidate at the Middle East Technical University history
department.

November/22/2014

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/the-sense-of-the-perincek-v-switzerland-case.aspx?pageID=449&nID=74657&NewsCatID=396

Losses So Heavy Azerbaijani Commander Is Dismissed

Losses So Heavy Azerbaijani Commander Is Dismissed

Lragir.am
Country – 22 November 2014, 16:01

The spokesman for the RA Ministry of Defense Artsrun Hovhannisyan made
a post on his Facebook page. It runs: “In fact, Azerbaijan’s losses
are many and so many that the commander of the brigade has been
dismissed. I wonder if he was dismissed for these losses or for
shooting down the helicopter,” he writes.

http://www.lragir.am/index/eng/0/country/view/33254#sthash.Mzq1En8E.dpuf

Azerbaijan tried "to steal" the dead bodies of the pilots (video)

Azerbaijan tried “to steal” the dead bodies of the pilots (video)

16:06 | November 22,2014 | Politics

Azerbaijan not only didn’t let approaching the place, where the
helicopter had fallen, but also tried “to steal” the dead bodies of
the pilots. This was said by NKR Defense Minister Movses Hakobyan
explaining why they carried out such operations. As a result of the
operation dead body of one of the pilots, relics of the two pilots and
some necessary parts of the helicopter were evacuated from the scene.

The comment of NKR DM, DA Commander, Lieutenant General Movses
Hakobyan on the military operation- in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax4nYJzlvLA#t=38
http://en.a1plus.am/1200919.html

Crew of helicopter downed by Azerbaijan was evacuated earlier than

Crew of helicopter downed by Azerbaijan was evacuated earlier than November 21

16:42, 22 November, 2014

YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 22, ARMENPRESS. The special operation of evacuation
of the Armenian helicopter’s crew downed by Azerbaijan was realized
not on November 21, but earlier. The Defense Army of the Nagorno
Karabakh Republic has issued a statement on this. As reports
“Armenpress”, the Defense Army’s statement particularly runs
as follows.

“For the record of the official propaganda-machine of the Ministry of
Defense of Azerbaijan and the media serving it, the Ministry of
Defense of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic notifies that the special
operation of the evacuation of the downed Armenian helicopter’s crew
was carried out not yesterday, but the day the Ministry of Defense of
Azerbaijan issued a statement about its casualties on the front line,
introducing them as a result of the Armenian snipers’ shots. In
addition, we would like to remind that one of the statements with such
content appeared in the media on November 20. So, this is a special
tactical method characteristic to the Azerbaijani propaganda, which is
again used to conceal their disability.”

Taking into consideration the official statements by the Azerbaijani
side and the absolute lack of reasoning, the Armed Forces of the
Nagorno Karabakh Republic were forced to carry out a special operation
to learn about the fate of the crew members of the helicopter downed
by the rival on November 12 on the site and give solution to issues
stemming from it. In the result of the realization of the military
task, the body of one of the crew members and remains of the two
pilots have been evacuated from the site of the incident along with
some of the necessary parts of the helicopter. At the course of the
special operation, two askyars of the rival have been eliminated. The
Defense Army had no casualties.

http://armenpress.am/eng/news/785043/crew-of-helicopter-downed-by-azerbaijan-was-evacuated-earlier-than-november-21.html

AMD430/$1 exchange rate unprecedented over past few months

AMD430/$1 exchange rate unprecedented over past few months

14:31 * 23.11.14

The AMD/USD exchange rate has reached AMD430/$1.

This is an unprecedented exchange rate over the past few months for
VAS exchange offices. SAS exchange offices sell $1 for AMD427, but
have no USD in cash at the moment.

As regards Armenian banks, Ameriabank has the lowest sale price for US
dollars – AMD428/US$1. ArmSwissbank buys $1 for AMD421 (the highest
rate).

According to rate.am, the highest selling price for EURO 1 is AMD528, and
the highest buying price is AMD524/EURO 1.

As to other exchange office networks, the situation is as follows:

VAS – (sell AMD 532, buy AMD 525); SAS (sell AMD 530, buy AMD 526).

Armenian News – Tert.am

Hommage à un Héros : les cendres d’un fedayin éminent enterrés en Ar

ARMENIE
Hommage à un Héros : les cendres d’un fedayin éminent enterrés en Arménie

Les restes de Sepuh, un leader éminent du mouvement arménien de
libération à la fin du 19e siècle, début du 20e siècle, ont été
solennellement enterrés jeudi après-midi dans le cimetière militaire
d’Yerablur à Erevan.

Le Général Sepuh (Archak Nersisyan) (1987-1940) a lutté contre la
Turquie ottomane dans le cadre de l’auto-défense de Sassoun en 1904 et
a également participé à des mouvements de libération dans le reste du
Caucase. Il a servi en tant que membre du parlement dans la Première
République éphémère d’Arménie (1918-1920), en participant à des
combats contre les troupes turques. Après l’établissement de l’ordre
soviétique en Arménie, Sepuh a quitté le pays et plus tard a émigré
aux États-Unis. Sa dernière volonté était que son corps soit incinéré
et enterré en Arménie une fois que cela serait possible.

Lors de la cérémonie au Panthéon à Erevan était présent le ministre
arménien de la Défense Seyran Ohanian. Les cendres de Sepuh ont été
rapatriés grce aux efforts du ministère ainsi que des membres de la
famille Nerisyan. L’inhumation a eu lieu dans le cadre de
manifestations consacrées au centenaire du génocide arménien de 1915.

dimanche 23 novembre 2014,
Stéphane (c)armenews.com

http://www.armenews.com/article.php3?id_article=105501

1,200 ceasefire violations by the Azerbaijani side reported this wee

1,200 ceasefire violations by the Azerbaijani side reported this week

14:13, 22 Nov 2014

According to the data of the NKR Defense Army, about 1,200 cases of
ceasefire violation were registered at the line of contact between the
armed forces of Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from November 16 to
22.

The rival fired more than 13,000 shots from weapons of different
caliber in the direction of the Armenian positions.

The front divisions of the NKR Defense Army gave a worthy response to
the provocative actions of the adversary and undertook necessary
measures to organize the reliable protection of the military positions
all along the line of contact.

http://www.armradio.am/en/2014/11/22/1200-ceasefire-violations-by-the-azerbaijani-side-reported-this-week/

Karabakh claims it killed 2 Azeri soldiers

Press TV, Iran
Nov 23 2014

Karabakh claims it killed 2 Azeri soldiers

Two Azerbaijani soldiers have been killed during an operation by the
forces of the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region to remove the bodies of
three crew members of a downed Armenian helicopter, the Karabakh army
says.

The army made the announcement in a statement released on Saturday.

“As a result of a special operation, the remains of the crew were
retrieved, as were specific parts of the helicopter,” the statement
said.

Earlier this month, Azerbaijan declared that it had downed an Armenian
MI-24 combat helicopter after it “attempted to attack positions of the
Azerbaijani army near [Karabakh’s] Agdam district.”

However, Yerevan rejected Baku’s claim, saying the military helicopter
was merely carrying out a training flight.

The two ex-Soviet Caucasus nations claim the territory of
Nagorno-Karabakh, which is largely populated by Armenians but located
in Azerbaijan.

Ethnic Armenian forces took control over the enclave, which accounts
for 16 percent of Azerbaijan, in the early 1990s during a six-year war
that took place from February 1988 to May 1994.

The conflict left an estimated 30,000 people dead and one million
displaced before the two sides agreed to a ceasefire in 1994. However,
a permanent peace accord has never been inked and the dispute still
remains unsettled.

Azerbaijan has threatened to take back the region by force if
negotiations between the two sides fail to yield results, while
Armenia has pledged to retaliate against any military action.

MSM/NN/AS

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/11/23/387160/2-azeri-soldiers-killed-near-karabakh/

DM: Parts of Armenian helicopter downed by Azerbaijan to be submitte

Seyran Ohanyan: Parts of Armenian helicopter downed by Azerbaijan to
be submitted for examination

by Nana Martirosyan
Saturday, November 22, 17:10

The parts of the Artsakh helicopter downed by Azerbaijan will be
submitted for expert examination, Armenian Defense Minister Seyran
Ohanyan told media on Saturday.

“The tough state stand of Azerbaijan, the lack of logic, the
reluctance to be committed to the principles of humanism during both
the downing of the helicopter and prevention of retrieval of the
victims’ bodies have forced the leadership of the NKR Defense Army to
resort to special actions”, the minister said. He added that due to
the professional skills of the NKR military, the specific site of the
downing was determined and the body of a pilot and the remains of the
other two pilots were retrieved.

“Though the enemy tried to hinder the retrieval of the helicopter
parts by making a trap, they were retrieved and the trap was
liquidated. The parts of the helicopter will shortly be submitted for
examination”, the minister stressed. Ohanyan added that one should be
proud of the servicemen, who carried out that difficult task.

When asked whether there will be a response to Azerbaijan’s
provocation, Ohanyan pointed out that the measures will be
strengthened to find and liquidate the enemy. “We give a worthy
response to those who try to violate the peace”, he stressed.

To note, the NKR Defense Army Special Forces have recovered the body
of a crewmember and the remains of the two pilots of Mi-24 helicopter
that was downed by Azerbaijani forces on 12 November. The necessary
wreckage was recovered too. Two Azerbaijani militaries were killed in
the course of the special operation. The NKR Defense Army suffered no
losses.

To remind, the Azerbaijani armed forces downed an Armenian Mi-24 while
it was conducting a training flight near the Line on Contact on 12
November. Three officers of the NKR Armed Forces, Sergey Sahakyan,
Sargis Nazaryan and Azat Sahakyan, were on board. The Azeri officer
that shot the helicopter down has been awarded a medal.

http://www.arminfo.am/index.cfm?objectid=5C417A70-7251-11E4-8C0F0EB7C0D21663