Paruyr Hayrikyan says his participation in electoral race brought de

Paruyr Hayrikyan says his participation in electoral race brought
decency into political arena

13:42 28/12/2012 » COMMENTS

The leader of National Self-Determination Union (NSDU) is sure that
his participation in the presidential electoral race led to decency
and restraint among some of the political forces.

At a meeting with reporters, Paruyr Hayrikyan positively assessed
pre-election processes.

At the same time, he noted that he did not fight against anyone, but
fought for everyone and even for those who came up against him.

`Those who are pessimistic about these elections have serious grounds
for it. But today we should do our job. Tomorrow will come for itself.
I will do my job,’ Hayrikyan concluded.

Source: Panorama.am

Film about Sos Sargsyan already ready

Film about Sos Sargsyan already ready

05:18 PM | TODAY | SOCIAL

Happy is the man who meets good people in his life, renowned Armenian
actor Sos Sargsyan says, adding that he is really a happy man.

The actor became the next hero of the series of films made by A1+. The
film about great actor which was shot after months of assiduous work
is already ready.
You can watch it here

http://www.a1plus.am/en/social/2012/12/28/sos-sargsyan

BAKU: Azerbaijani community of NK: Armenians must realize they will

Azerbaijani community of Nagorno-Karabakh: Armenians must realize they
will be unable to live in Karabakh

28 December 2012, 15:21 (GMT+04:00)

Azerbaijan, Baku, Dec. 28 / Trend E. Mehdiyev /

Armenians need to understand that they will be unable to live in
Nagorno-Karabakh for a long time supporting their present position,
chairman of the Azerbaijani community of the Nagorno-Karabakh region
public association Bayram Safarov told journalists on Friday.
The Armenian community of Nagorno-Karabakh using opportunities created
for it by Azerbaijan, must agree with the proposed status, Safarov
said.
He added that Armenians must show a serious approach to the assessment
of peace talks as soon as possible.
Armenian society is aware of the reasons obstructing peaceful
cohabitation with Azerbaijanis, as it was previously and they should
eliminate these reasons, he said.
Safarov also expressed his support to hold meetings between the
Azerbaijani and Armenian communities of Nagorno-Karabakh.
“We are always ready and willing to talk with representatives of
Armenian intellectuals and ordinary people who are concerned and think
about the future of young people and the comfortable life of the
population.
“I believe that there still are Armenians who feel sympathetic towards
the Azerbaijani people and do not forget their friendship and they
must have their say. These Armenians are ready to recognise the
territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and co-residence on its territory,
but they cannot take serious steps, knowing they will be put in danger
by expressing such a position, “Safarov said.
Today, on the 21st anniversary of the Armenian occupation of
Khankendi, the members of the Azerbaijani community of the
Nagorno-Karabakh region public association, intellectuals from
Khankendi and representatives of public visited the Alley of Martyrs
in Baku.
The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988
when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. Armenian
armed forces have occupied 20 per cent of Azerbaijan since 1992,
including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.
Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in 1994. The
co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group – Russia, France and the U.S. are
currently holding the peace negotiations.
Armenia has not yet implemented the U.N. Security Council’s four
resolutions regarding the liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh and the
surrounding regions.

http://en.trend.az/news/karabakh/2103889.html

China to provide 70 million Chinese yuan free of charge assistance

China to provide 70 million Chinese yuan free of charge assistance to Armenia

14:45, 28 December, 2012

YEREVAN, DECEMBER 28, ARMENPRESS: Deputy Foreign Affair Minister
Sergey Manasaryan and China’s charges d’affaires Chao Mingven signed
an agreement on technical cooperation which stipulates Chinese yuan
worth free of charge assistance to Armenia. As Information and Public
Relations department informed Armenpress, customs inspection
equipments are scheduled to purchase in the framework of the sum of
money. The significant part of it will be used for the establishment
of Chinese school in Armenia; arrangements have been agreed upon by
the Presidents of Armenian and China beforehand. People’s Republic of
China has been providing free of charge assistance to Armenian
Executive Body within Technical cooperation started 1999.

Entrance to "Mher Mkrtchyan" theatre was free for Syrian-Armenian ki

Entrance to “Mher Lazarian” theatre was free for Syrian-Armenian kids

14:15, 28 December, 2012

YEREVAN, DECEMBER 28, ARMENPRESS. On the initiative of the Mayor of
Yerevan Taron Margaryan more than 750 Syrian-Armenian kids and
children with special needs were hosted in “Mher Lazarian” Artistic
Theatre on occasion of New Year and Christmas.

The Department of Information and Public Relations of the Yerevan
Municipality informed “Armenpress” that the children were pleased to
enjoy “the Amusing Adventures of Chipolino”.

The Head of Department of Public Education of the Yerevan Municipality
Staff Gayane Soghomonyan stated: “In accordance with the order of the
Mayor of Yerevan Taron Margaryan about 395 Syrian-Armenian children
studying in various schools of the capital of the Republic of Armenia
and “Cilician” college, 305 children from special schools acting under
the jurisdiction of the Yerevan Municipality and 57 children studying
in “Prkutyun” public organization partook in the measure free of
charge.”

Menaces à l’encontre d’un journaliste de la part d’un député

ARMENIE
Menaces à l’encontre d’un journaliste de la part d’un député

Un journaliste de la chaîne A1+ a été publiquement insulté et menacé
par un député du parti Républicain, Mher Sedrakian, dans les locaux de
l’AN, alors qu’il souhaitait connaître son avis sur un projet de loi.
Le porte-parole du parti Républicain et le Ministre de l’Education et
des sciences, également de ce même parti, ont présenté des excuses au
journaliste pour le comportement de leur collègue. Plusieurs médias
ont condamné les agissements du député auprès du Président de l’AN et
demandé à la Commission d’éthique de l’AN d’étudier l’incident. /
Rapporté par l’ensemble de la presse

Extrait de la revue de presse de l’Ambassade de France en Arménie en
date du 20 et 21 décembre 2012

vendredi 28 décembre 2012,
Stéphane ©armenews.com

Le maire d’Erevan distingué par l’Union compatriotique de Daron-Dour

DECINES
Le maire d’Erevan distingué par l’Union compatriotique de Daron-Dourouperan

En marge des manifestations des Lumières de la ville de Lyon à
laquelle Monsieur Gérard COLLOMB, Sénateur-Maire de Lyon a convié son
homologue, Monsieur Taron MARGARYAN, Maire d `Erevan (REPUBLIQUE
D’ARMENIE), accompagné d’une délégation composée de Messieurs Manvel
JAVADYAN (Maire d’Avan), Armen HARUTYUNYAN (Maire d’Erebouni), David
GEVORGYAN (en charge des relations internationales de la ville
d’Erevan), Artur Gevorgyan (en charge de la presse et de l’information
de la ville d’Erevan) et Armen BUNIATYAN (assistant du Maire
d’Erevan), une rencontre a été organisée à l’initiative du Conseil de
l’Union Compatriotique de Daron-Dourouperan Rhône-Alpes.

Celle-ci a eu lieu le dimanche 9 décembre 2012 à Décines.

Les délégations de la Mairie d’Erevan et de l’U.C.DARON-DOUROUPERAN
ont d’abord assisté, le matin, à la messe célébrée par le Père « Mecho
» Chahé NAZARYAN en l’Eglise Apostolique Arménienne de Décines avec un
requiem à la mémoire des disparus de Daron-Dourouperan.

Ensuite, elles ont retrouvé Monsieur Jérôme STURLA, Maire de Décines,
pour visiter le mémorial du Génocide des Arméniens, le premier en
Europe, et le nouveau btiment qui accueille désormais le Centre
National de la Mémoire Arménienne. La visite a été complétée des
commentaires de Madame Katia BOUDOYAN, Directrice du C.N.M.A., et de
Monsieur Daniel MEGUERDITCHIAN, Responsable de la bibliothèque et des
développements scientifiques.

Puis tout le monde s’est retrouvé à la Maison de la Culture Arménienne
de Décines où Monsieur Raffi KRIKORIAN, Président de l’Union
Compatriotique de Daron-Dourouperan : en soulignant notamment les
valeurs citoyennes, républicaines et laïques qui leurs tiennent à
c`ur, en rappelant que c’est la mémoire territoriale qui les unie, en
précisant que ces racines réelles sont la base de leur identité,a
décerné le Dipôme Spécial de l’Union à Monsieur le Maire Taron
MARGARYAN qui en tant que récipiendaire est tenu de respecter les
obligations afférentes à cette distinction.

La délégation arménienne, après le déjeuner au restaurant ARA, s’est
envolée pour l’Arménie.

Nul ne doute désormais que les engagements bilatéraux qui ont été
évoqués au cours de ces entretiens seront suivis pour un développement
mutuellement profitable.

Pour le bureau
Raffi H. KRIKORIAN
Président UNION COMPATRIOTIQUE DE DARON-DOUROUPERAN

vendredi 28 décembre 2012,
Ara ©armenews.com

http://www.armenews.com/article.php3?id_article=85728

ANC thinks "backing any of the candidates senseless"

ANC thinks “backing any of the candidates senseless”

Thursday 27 December 2012 16:48

Yerevan. December 27. /Mediamax/. The Armenian National Congress
stated today that it “thinks participation in the elections which have
became a farce and backing any of the candidates senseless”.

“Falsifying the 2008 presidential elections and choking the people’s
rebel against the election frauds in blood, Serzh Sargsyan’s regime
have been consistently eliminating any opportunity of democratic and
competitive elections over 5 consecutive years.

Over the 5 years, the election frauds machine has been improved. A
criminal system of bribe distribution on the state level and multiple
voting which is supported by the state structures and all the law
enforcement agencies as well as the ruling party. The main tool for
election frauds is the election list which is exaggerated by about 700
000 voters. The authorities failed the joint efforts of the Armenian
National Congress, Prosperous Armenia, Armenian Revolutionary
Federation-Dashnaktsutyun and Heritage parties to make radical changes
in the election system in the country and ensure transparent, free and
fair elections not taking into account even the requirements of the
international community, OSCE/ODIHR observer mission in particular. In
fact, the mechanism of competitive elections is destroyed, businessmen
supporting the opposition are intimidated, any opportunity of changing
the power through elections is absolutely ruled out by 500-700
thousand fake votes.

Taking into account the situation, the Armenian National Congress
thinks its participation in the elections which have become a farce
and supporting any of the candidates senseless which will only benefit
legitimating of the illegitimate regime in the current situation”, the
ANC statement reads.

http://www.mediamax.am/en/news/politics/6555/

Turk’s march to Yerevan stopped because of Azerbaijanis’ behavior

Turk’s march to Yerevan stopped because of Azerbaijanis’ behavior

16:28, 27 December, 2012

YEREVAN, DECEMBER 27, ARMENPRESS. Kalender Bayramlı stopped his march
to Yerevan, which was organized on the occasion of the so-called
“Khojali genocide” representing a fabrication of the Azerbaijani state
policy. As reports “Armenpress” Turkish Radikal periodical stated
about this. After walking 100 km Kalender Bayramlı reached Kars and
expressed a wish to have a meeting with the Consul General of
Azerbaijan Ayhan Süleymanov. Notwithstanding the Consul General of
Azerbaijan refused to receive Kalender Bayramlı.

Kalender Bayramlı was greatly disappointed. He stated: “Probably my
march caused more inconveniences to the Azerbaijani embassy and
consulate, than to the Armenians. I was sad and angry to know that the
Azerbaijani consulate in Kars refused to have a meeting with me.”
Among other things he underscored that it was the reason to stop his
march and go back to Ankara.

Google, Intel, IBM and Oracle to discuss possible activities in Arme

Google, Intel, IBM and Oracle to discuss possible activities in Armenia

ARMINFO
Thursday, December 27, 09:44

The leaders of Google, Intel, IBM and Oracle will pay a visit to
Armenia in spring 2013 to discuss the possibilities of their
activities in Armenia, Armenian Economy Minister Tigran Davtyan said
at today’s press conference.

He said that the relevant agreements were reached during the meetings
of the Armenian governmental delegation with representatives of these
companies during V ArmTech Congress in the Silicon Valley (California,
USA) in December 2012.

At the same time, agreement was reached with Corporation America
(owned by Eduardo Eurnekian, Armenian businessmen from Argentina) on
construction of a chip production plant in Armenia, in the free
economic area of Zvartnots Airport in Yerevan (the concessionaire of
which is Armenia International Airports also owned by Eduardo
Eurnekian).

He said that some $25mln will be invested in the plant, with the
construction period to be specified by a special agreement. “They
already have a similar plant in Argentina,” Davtyan said.

When asked to specify the parameters of the venture fund to be set up
in Armenia according to an agreement signed in the Silicon Valley
recently, the Minister said that at the initial stage its capital will
be small because it has few investors yet.

“The main thing is that the fund will finally be created,” he said,
adding that the agreement on its parameters and mechanisms will be
signed within the next six months.

In 2011 350 IT companies of Armenia (including 107 branches of foreign
companies) earned a total of $205mln (including $120mln in exports).
As of late 2011 they employed 6,760 people.