Preliminary intelligence indicates that the suspects behind the assassination plot targeting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan have been based outside Armenia since 2024.
Pashinyan revealed some details of the ongoing investigation into the plot while speaking at a press briefing on Friday.
He said that the suspects have been “roughly” identified by law enforcement agencies.
“I believe that we have roughly identified the circle of individuals. Essentially, the people we believe are in that video have not been in Armenia since 2024. This is operational information, but we do not have evidence. We have their names, and efforts were made to locate them, at which point it was confirmed that they are not in Armenia. Previously, they were most likely under our scrutiny for other matters. In particular, they could be individuals involved in illegal mercenary activities. But this is just operational information,” the Prime Minister said.
Earlier this week, Armenian law enforcement agencies launched a criminal investigation to identify and apprehend individuals who made death threats in an alleged assassination plot against Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in a video shared online.
The video shows a masked man speaking, while four others—also wearing masks—stand behind him, brandishing what appear to be AKS-74U assault rifles.
Published by Armenpress, original at
—